Guisi Lighthouse


Details


Guisi Lighthouse was built by the Spanish Government in 1896 as part of the master plan for the lighting of the Maritime Coasts of the Philippine Archipelago. It was aimed at lighting the Philippine seas and channels to guide ships. It is known as a navigational aid to the fisherman and sailors cruising Panay Gulf. While the original lighthouse is no longer operational, the Philippine Coast Guard built a new one.